Friday, March 6, 2009

Beyond TGIF: TGI NFJS

I've had a lot going on (including a fun night at the Lambda Lounge), and have neglected to mention that No Fluff Just Stuff returns to St Louis this weekend.

This will be my 8th one here in St Louis (i.e. all of them, I think).

I'm pumped! Long-time readers will know that I'm a fan of NFJS, both in terms of the content and especially the energy from the crowd.

I'm looking forward to many of the speakers, including my friends and the Gateway's own Alex Miller, Ken Sipe, and Mark Volkmann.

I don't have an iPhone or G1, so live pics and tweets will not happen. However, I do hope to document some of the vibe, and I'll be loaded with various and sundry stickers. Stay tuned or check out my Twitter feed (@codetojoy)

See you soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Didn't make it this year, but I'm interested if you hear any talk about increasing the scope of the conference from JVM-based technologies.

Not that I'd have any suggestions, mind you.

Michael Easter said...

Jay did mention a new conference on the way, dedicated to cloud computing.

I think NFJS 'proper' will stay with the JVM, from what I can tell, and why not: the ecosystem for the JVM is flourishing! There were talks on Scala, Groovy, jRuby, and Clojure.